Working with conferences and other media/networking industry and standards organisation events is a great way to promote Kendra to a wide audience with minimal administration/organisation. So, let's do it much more. Also, there's an added benefit that, under the banner of Kendra we can get into these events and participate in the sessions; speak about what we do and what Kendra does; and have a jolly good time. If we're lucky and provide value to the event we'll even get accommodation and travel paid for - it happened at WWW2006 for instance.
What we like from the event (all negotiable!):
- Logo and link on the event website.
- Logo on the event brochure.
- Logo on the event catalogue.
- Insert into the delegate bags.
- Article in the event catalogue.
- Discount to Kendra members on booking for the event.
- A stand in the event exhibition. Push for a good spot.
- One or more speaking (keynote and/or panel) slots in the conference program.
- A good number of access-all-area passes for Kendra Volunteers on the stand. Doesn't have to be one-for-one just as long as the passes can be shared between volunteers.
- One (or more) time(s) sponsorship of pre-event newsletter with 100 words and weblink.
- A one time email-shot to all attendees who visit the physical event. Kendra provides text to event organisers.
- Kendra logo branding on the event signage as sponsor/endorser.
- Provide room for Kendra Meeting and/or Workshop. This could be expanded to cover up to a whole day if required.
- Accommodation and travel for speakers, if necessary.
What we offer the event (all negotiable!):
- Text and link on Kendra website. At present Kendra doesn't have any external logos on the website. Hopefully this will change in the future.
- 100 word description (informative rather than marketing hype is best for our readership) of event and weblink sent to Kendra members in a Kendra newsletter. At present we don't have postal addresses for members so we can't send out physical matter. At present we can't send out attachments in our newsletters.
- A listing in the "Future Events" sections of the Kendra newsletter for every newsletter sent before the event.
- A listing on the "Kendra Home" and Future Events" webpages.
- Top quality industry speakers.
- Distribution of physical collateral for the event at Kendra member meetings (should these occur before the event).
Before the event:
- Sometimes a rotor will be needed for Kendra Volunteers listing who gets the pass to the conference and when if there is a limited number of passes (less than one per person). And when people should be on the stand. Being flexible is key to having a fun time!
When at events:
- During the event you will speak with delegates and take their business cards. As they hand over their card, look them in the eye and ask them if they want to receive information updates from Kendra - only one a month if that. Then on the card either write "YES UD" or "NO UD". This will save you having to ask them later by email.
- Have a fun time!
Other places to read: