- Event: WWW2006
- Web: http://www2006.org
- Start: 22/05/2006
- End: 26/05/2006
- Short: The 15th International World Wide Web Conference
- Venue: International Conference Centre
- City: Edinburgh
- Country: Scotland, UK
Sponsorship needed for:
- Media industry special event
- Printed leaflet
- Daniel's travel and accommodation
- Neil's travel and accommodation and WWW2006 entry ticket
Media industry special event:
- Not too far from the conference location would be good presumably.
- A venue where we can have part buffet and networking and part traditional music/dancing - Ceilidh style. A hall basically. Better if not separate rooms to divide food and dancing but can be 2 defined spaces in one large room/hall.
- Sponsors so far but looking for more:
- Open out to full Kendra list on 02/05/2006 with newsletter.
- WWW2006 organisers spread the message.
- What do sponsors get?:
- WWW2006 gives:
- Kendra gives:
- Organic and locally grown (as much as possible)? Meat and veggie. Buffet style?
- Traditional [Ceilidh] and live. You can get away with a small group. Minimum 2 people. One to call and one to play a jig.
- Who and how many are invited?:
- Press and media will be invited.
- That all depends on the sponsors. But it would be great if it was an open invite.
- Have costings for 50, 100, 150 and 200 from [In Any Event UK]. Contact Daniel Harris for these costs.
- Sue Black expects 25-40 people from her Famous WWWomen workshop to be held on Monday.
- Invite Sent? (Y/N)
- Attending? (Y/N)
Printed leaflet for Kendra Initiative available throughout the conference.
Speakers that have been invited by Kendra Initiative:
- Impact of the Web on Media & Entertainment (http://www2006.org/programme/)
- Tuesday 23rd May 14:00-15:30
- Peter Buckingham (Head of Distribution and Exhibition, UK Film Council)
- Peggy Miles (Chairman, International Webcasting Association)
- Invited to speak at Famous WWWomen on Monday so will probably be around from Sunday evening.
- Daniel Harris (Founder, Kendra Initiative)
- Staying from Friday 19th to Sunday 28th.
- Tuesday 23rd May 16:00-17:30
- Paul Jessop (Chief Technology Officer, International Federation of the Phonographic Industry)
- In town from Sunday 21st and leaving Wednesday 24th evening.
- Scott Cohen (Founder and VP International, The Orchard)
- Staying the nights of 22nd, 23rd and 24th.
- Rob Wells (Head of New Media, Universal Music UK)
- In town on Monday 22nd evening and leaving Tuesday 23rd evening.
- Impact of the Web on Networks
- Wednesday 24th May 11:00-12:30
- Candace Johnson (Founding President of Europe Online)
- In town on Monday 22nd and leaving on Wednesday 24th afternoon. Invited to speak at Famous WWWomen on Monday.
Speakers get-together will be a get-together for all Kendra invited speakers on Tuesday 23rd lunchtime as it'll be the only time we'll all be there. But also we can do a Tuesday 23rd evening. There'll be lots to talk about.
Kendra will hold Kendra Initiative BOF (birds of a feather) (or should it be called Kendra Initiative Workshop / Meeting?)session:
- Which day and time?:
- Perhaps best day is Tuesday directly after the last talk at 17:30 as most of the speakers will be around.
- What about Wednesday? Need to find out when special event starts.
- What about Thursday? Speakers will probably not stay around that long.
- Who's coming?:
Kendra will demonstrate Kendra Base on an ad-hoc basis over the conference days.
Sent out WWW2006PressRelease
Related page W3C Collaboration
Related page KendraMeetingWWW2006
Related page KendraCeilidhWWW2006