Best days to send out press releases are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. So, people have cleared out their spam on Monday and are not rushing to get away on Friday. However, the earlier in the week the better!
Press Release ideas for discussion:
- Could you take five minutes in tomorrow's meeting to ask people if they or their company has a press list!! (tech / music etc). If not which magazine's / papers/ websites would they'd like to see talking about Kendra? And if anyone has any contacts - journos they rate/ always read / know to write about similar things. Then we have something of a press list!
- We have over 1000 Kendra Participants many of whom will have press lists and/or specific journalists they often talk to.
- Can we directly ask for these contacts from Kendra Participants in a newsletter (see KendraNewsLetters)? Will they want to had over these hard earned contacts? No harm in trying.
- Even if they don't feel happy handing over contacts we can encourage them, as Kendra Participants to pass on the press releases to their own lists. A kind of pyramid press release.
- We already have press contacts in the database but they are not singled out as such.
- Would it be good to have a way for people to say only send me press releases in their [Profile] area?
- Would it be good to have a special place for press people to go on the Kendra website where they could:
- Read press releases?
- Sign up to receive press releases (and nothing else) by email?
- Should we be focusing on media press rather than technical press?
Who we want to see talking about Kendra Initiative:
Where we want to see Kendra Initiative in the media:
- Professional and trade?...
- Are there places that aggregate press releases as a service for the press?
- I know that's not particularly focused but hey, if it's free let's do it!
- How do you send out press releases?
- By email? We can do that.
- The two ideas on the site both seem to say 'Kendra Initiative is in development' - which isn't a bad thing to press. I don't know whether I'd write a release though unless there's something significant about Kendra Initiative adopting Creative Commons licenses (are you the first? the only ones???).
- Is Kendra Initiative first?
- Is Kendra Initiative unique?
- What other questions like those 2 are there?
- What's Kendra Initiative's wow factors?
- Ive been thinking that another way of going about this is to talk about kendra in terms of what it means rather than the nuts and bolts. I just did a search on wired, and found this piece on Tim Berners-lee talking about the challenge of getting people to agree on standards on how computers communicate. Im not entirely sure what Kendra's take is on this but we prob have one and we could tell people.
- Do you mean [Can't We All Just Get Along?]?
- So, we could comment on other people's writing. Perhaps commending a company for when they get it right and talk about 'interoperability'. I like to keep things positive! ;-)
- How about offering out awards for people that say things in line with Kendra ideas?
- Another opportunity could be whenever the record business starts foaming at the mouth again.
- You mean do a bit of a "let's all be a bit calm and rational about all this shall we?"?
The following has been submitted to http://www.digitalmediapublishing.co.uk/ 16/01/2007 for the IPTVWorldForum build up...
Kendra Signposts to launch at IPTV World Forum
Kendra Initiative will launch Kendra Signposts at the IPTV World Forum, March 2007. Kendra Signposts will assist content owners to describe and advertise their digital media; content consumers to find and purchase the digital media that they want and search engines or applications to provide richer and more accurate search results.
Peter Buckingham, Head Of Distribution and Exhibition at the UK Film Council, said at a recent Kendra Initiative meeting "the biggest threat is obscurity".
Kendra Signposts will provide a standardised framework with which to richly describe digital media files and live streams. Content owners, aggregators and online stores will be able to publish detailed information about the digital media they are publishing.
Kendra Signposts will work across all digital media types. Content owners will be provided with tools to build Kendra Signposts from their existing datastores and will be in complete control of this information.
Visit Kendra Initiative experts at stand number 2 at the IPTV World Forum, Olympia, London, March 2007 and find out how your company will benefit from Kendra Signposts.