- Kendra Initiative meeting
- An Open Distributed Marketplace For Digital Media
- Tuesday 23rd May
- 17:30 for 17:45 start to 19:00
- Edinburgh International Conference Centre
- Venue: The [Harris Room in Galloway Suite] - Level 1
Following on directly after Tuesday afternoon's 'Impact of the Web on Media & Entertainment' sessions there will be a Kendra Initiative meeting exploring the open distributed marketplace for digital media in more depth.
Participants will include the chair and speakers from the Media & Entertainment sessions plus many others. The meeting will be in a round table format with all participants. Topics up for discussion will include:
- the open marketplace for digital media
- the newly created DDEX music metadata standards organisation
- W3C's role in digital media standards
- interoperating diverse and dispersed media databases
- interoperating rights management systems
- search and discovery over distributed networks
This meeting is open to all WWW2006 attendees.
Please register (so that we can set up the room to suit). Just follow these simple instructions:
- please make sure you are listed [here] as attending this meeting.
If you are already registered with Kendra Initiative then:
- Register yourself as attending the meeting in your [profile area]. Simple.
If you're not already registered with Kendra Initiative then:
- First register [here]
- You will then get an automatic email containing a one-click link to register for this meeting. Simple.
Questions for DDEX:
- how can we find out more?
- can Kendra join the conversation? (possible problems: apparent "business entity" requirement for members, $$$ to join...)
- are the DDEX standards intended to be fully open, and unencumbered by IP restrictions that might otherwise restrict their use?
Questions for W3C:
- is there a media liaison person in the W3C?