[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[kNews] Kendra Hub Music Industry Sessions London 27/28 August...
- To: kNews
- Subject: [kNews] Kendra Hub Music Industry Sessions London 27/28 August...
- From: kNews <k-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 8:34:36 +0100
1. Limited places for Kendra Hub sessions London 27/28 August
2. Seeking London venue for weekend 29/30 August developer meeting
3. DrupalCon Paris to host Kendra Hub presentation 4 September
4. Kendra Initiative goes to NEM Summit, France, 28-30 September
1. LIMITED PLACES FOR KENDRA HUB SESSIONS LONDON 27/28 AUGUST
How many stores can sell your music online? How many social networks can
host your page and connect you with your fans? And the numbers are rising!
Having problems repurposing and transcoding your content (music audio
files, videos, photos, events, metadata, lyrics, etc) for all your online
stores? Spending too much time posting events and managing fan questions at
all your social networks? Too much time spent repeating the same tasks? And
they all work differently! Wouldn't it be great if you could manage all
your information centrally and then simply one-click syndicate to and
synchronise with your online locations?
Kendra Hub developers (Daniel Harris, Darren Mothersele and Neil Harris)
will be presenting Kendra Hub to a handful of music industry innovators in
London 27/28 August, 11:30 to 13:00. Space is tight but we have a few
places left. If you want to be put on the list then get back to me
immediately. We do know these problems exist for photographers and film
makers too so, if you feel particularly passionate about these issues, get
in touch by reply.
Kendra Hub will not be a service like MySpace or Facebook but free open
source software that artists, bands and record labels will use to manage
their digital media assets and interact with their online distribution
points and social communities. So, this means that content owners only need
to enter their metadata once and it will be syndicated/transformed to the
appropriate distribution points. They will be in control. See the full
funding proposal being made to the Knight Foundation here:
Thanks to David Berry at Charles Russell Solicitors for providing their
central London venue for these sessions.
2. SEEKING LONDON VENUE FOR WEEKEND 29/30 AUGUST DEVELOPER MEETING
Do you have a nice office meeting space in the central or North East part
of London for 5 Kendra developers to use for this coming weekend of 29/30
August. We will be planning for a new funded project. Daylight and fresh
air appreciated. Let me know by reply. Many thanks.
3. DRUPALCON PARIS TO HOST KENDRA HUB PRESENTATION 4 SEPTEMBER
Kendra Hub developers (Daniel Harris, Darren Mothersele and Stephane
Corlosquet) will be presenting Kendra Hub at DrupalCon, Paris on Friday 4
September. Our session is called:
"Using Drupal for Media Asset / Content Management, Semantic Syndication /
4. KENDRA INITIATIVE GOES TO NEM SUMMIT, FRANCE, 28-30 SEPTEMBER
Daniel Harris will be attending the NEM (Networked and Electronic Media)
Summit, Saint-Malo, France, 28-30 September. I will be promoting Kendra
Initiative to potential project coordinators. P2P-Next will also have a
demonstration running at our booth. If you are in the area then do pop in.
More good news soon! ;-)
- This message was sent to 2737 people.