[kNews] HNY, W3C, CTO IFPI, IRC, Content Owners get ready...

Dear All,

All acronyms shall be explained...

1. Happy New Year
2. Paul Jessop, CTO of IFPI, to speak at W3C
3. World Wide Web Conference invitation
4. Content Owners get ready to beta test
5. Internet Relay Chat channel up and running
6. Big thanks to...

1. HAPPY NEW YEAR

It's our first newsletter of 2006 and so the first opportunity to wish you
a great year. It's going to be a great year for Kendra with the imminent
launch of our Kendra Base prototype and our tie up with Tim Berners-Lee's
World Wide Web Conference.

2. PAUL JESSOP, CTO OF IFPI, TO SPEAK AT W3C

I'm really pleased that Paul Jessop, chief technology officer of the
International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, has accepted our
invitation to speak at the W3C conference in May.

He is responsible for the collective technical activity in the industry and
works closely with the IFPI's legal department on the evolution of
Internet-related legislation and their anti-piracy experts in both the
online and offline worlds...

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?PaulJessop

A big thanks to Paul Brindley, of http://www.musically.com, for hooking us
up with Paul Jessop.

3. WORLD WIDE WEB CONFERENCE INVITATION

The World Wide Web Conference is the global event to bring together the key
influencers, decision makers, technologists, businesses and standards
bodies shaping the future of the web - 23 to 26 May 2006.

Four packed days of speakers, workshops, exhibitions, tutorials, panels and
social events will provide you with valuable insights and new contacts you
won't find anywhere else.

It offers a unique opportunity for industry, government and the architects
of the World Wide Web to meet and debate the global issues we face and help
create the future applications for society, public administration and
business.

The 2006 conference comes to the UK for the first time, held in Scotland's
historic capital at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre.

And, of course, we'll be there discussing Kendra. Find out more here:

http://www2006.org/index/05.php

4. CONTENT OWNERS GET READY TO BETA TEST

If you have media content catalogue and want to beta test our Kendra Base
protoype then get in touch. Kendra Base is being developed to provide a
platform for an open marketplace for digital media whilst keeping the media
content and business rules firmly in the control of the content owners at
all times.

5. INTERNET RELAY CHAT CHANNEL UP AND RUNNING

We now have our very own IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel. We'll be using
it extensively in the coming months to discuss Kendra Base. Check it out
here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/contact.php

A big thanks to tav for setting this up and also to freenode for hosting
the channel for us.

6. BIG THANKS TO...

Thanks to Pascal Linares for setting the Kendra website on course to pass
W3C validation tests.

Much more soon I'm sure!...

Cheers Daniel

- This message was sent to 1994 people.