[kNews] DTI Funding Invite - Act Now, First Celebrity for W3C...

Dear All,

Be part of the DTI funding bid. Find out how...

1. DTI invites Kendra to bid for funding - act now
2. First celebrity comes forward - Candace Johnson
3. Kendra logo strap line - your thoughts?
4. Belated big thanks to

1. DTI INVITES KENDRA TO BID FOR FUNDING - ACT NOW

The DTI (Department of Trade and Industry) in the UK has invited Kendra
Initiative to bid for funding. We are talking hundreds of thousands of
pounds for research here. The group (or consortium) of companies going for
the bid could take many forms - there are a number of suggestions being
slated. If you would like to be part of a bid then you really need to
attend one or both of the events on 24th November in London and 1st
December in Manchester.

To input your ideas join us on the Kendra Framework discussion list. To
find out what's going on in more detail and how to register for the DTI
funding events take a look here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?DTIFunding

2. FIRST CELEBRITY COME FORWARD - CANDACE JOHNSON

I am incredibly pleased to announce that Candace Johnson has accepted
Kendra's invitation to speak at the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
conference in May 2006. Candace has an incredible track record in the
telecommunications industry.

She is co-initiator of SES ASTRA and SES Global, one of the largest
satellite systems in the world. She is also the founder and president of
Europe Online, the world's first Internet via satellite network and is the
founder of the continent's first independent, private trans-border
satellite communications company, Teleport Europe - Loral Cyberstar. Find
out more here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?CandaceJohnson

3. KENDRA LOGO STRAP LINE - YOUR THOUGHTS?

Since the beginning of Kendra Initiative the logo has said "Content
Delivery Research" but more and more we're talking about an open
marketplace for content. In this light what are your thoughts on the strap
line? Have your say and see what other Kendra Participants are saying
here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?KendraLogoStrapLine

4. BELATED BIG THANKS TO

On my return from Australia, earlier this year, I had the pleasure of
passing through Japan for a couple of weeks. It just so happened that
during this time I attended WWW2005 - the World Wide Web Consortium's
conference. Much of the rest of my time was spent in the company of Toru
Nishiyama and others from Neo-Atlas, Inc. I just want to say a big thank
you to Toru and all those at Neo-Atlas for their incredible hospitality:
showing me around the cities of Nagoya, Kyoto and Osaka and showing me some
of Japan?s beautiful countryside. Also, big thanks to Constantine Makarov
for introducing me to Toru and Co.

Stay tuned!...

Cheers Daniel

- This message was sent to 1964 people.