[kNews] World Tour, Wikimedia, Free Lunch, Have Your Say...

Dear All,

The Kendra cauldron continues to boil and bubble...

1. World tour: recommend people, places and events
2. MediaWiki developers evaluate Kendra Base
3. There is such a thing as a free lunch: 10th November
4. Have your say in this newsletter: recommend news

1. WORLD TOUR: RECOMMEND PEOPLE, PLACES AND EVENTS

Mid November I'm off to Australia. Also, passing through Singapore, Bali,
New Zealand and Japan. Please do recommend people (yourself included) for
me to meet and places and events for me to visit - to spread the Kendra
word. Either send me email or put your ideas up on the wiki here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?DanielHarrisCalendar

2. MediaWiki developers evaluate Kendra Base

Even though Kendra Base is in its infancy Erik Moeller, a MediaWiki
developer and Wikimedia contributor, requested an evaluation of our
application. MediaWiki is the software behind the whole Wikimedia project:
famous for its Wikipedias. They are interested in a flexible, yet
structured, approach to data publishing and discovery. Their thirst led
them to Kendra and our work on Kendra Base. There could be deeper
collaboration in the future too. You can the full discourse here (warning:
deep technical words used):

http://www.kendra.org.uk/lists/archive/k-developers/msg00302.html

3. THERE IS SUCH A THING AS A FREE LUNCH: 10TH NOVEMBER

Our last Kendra Team Meeting of 2004 takes place on Wednesday November
10th. It's a bit of a special, as there'll be lunch provided for all those
attending. The meeting starts at 10am.

Please register early, as we need to provide numbers to the restaurant a
good few days in advance. There will be vegetarian and organic chicken
dishes. Places are limited. Register by clicking on the link towards the
bottom of this here email or go to your profile area here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/profile.php#meetings

Once registered you'll be contacted with more details on places and times.

4. HAVE YOUR SAY IN THIS NEWSLETTER: RECOMMEND NEWS

If you have any news or events you want putting in this newsletter then
write them up on the wiki here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?KendraNewsLetterIdeas

That's all for now! ;-)

Cheers Daniel