[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[kNews] Celebrity liaisons, Tonight's Kendra meeting, Finances...
- To: kNews
- Subject: [kNews] Celebrity liaisons, Tonight's Kendra meeting, Finances...
- From: kNews <k-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 9:15:52 +0100
We have a bit of a star spangled newsletter for you today...
1. Celebrity liaison needed - can you catch a star?
2. Tonight's central London meeting - a slice of hot futurama
3. Finances are up - a question of funding
4. The Broadband Future Workshop - MILIA audio is up
5. Event Summary
1. CELEBRITY LIAISON NEEDED - CAN YOU CATCH A STAR?
More and more celebrities are talking about different ways of driving the
content market and getting consumers what they want. People like: David
Bowie, Sting, Bono, Peter Gabriel, Bob Geldof, Prince and George Michael to
name but a few.
The common thread is that they just want the content distribution system to
work seamlessly. So, how powerful would it be if they championed Kendra
Initiative as the vehicle to do this? Pretty powerful!
So, we are looking for someone to liaise with celebrities. Fearless in the
face of closed doors and "I'll just put you on hold" phone calls. Are you
that person? Can you catch a star? Get in touch by reply!
2. TONIGHT'S CENTRAL LONDON MEETING - A SLICE OF HOT FUTURAMA
If you find yourself, after a hard day's work, walking London's cold,
lonely streets then why not brighten up your evening with a slice of hot
futurama? Pop in to your local Kendra meeting at Olswang, 90 High Holborn,
Network with musicians, filmmakers, mobile operators and many more.
Converse on topics wide and various - as long as it's about an open and
level marketplace for content, of course! You'll see our distributed
semantic catalogue publishing and querying prototype. You'll find out how
to get your content advertised on our catalogue trial.
Please do take the time to register as those nice people at Olswang are
printing cute little badges for everyone. And, yes, you get to keep the
badge! For tonight's meeting please arrive at 17:30 for a 18:00 start.
You can read all about this and other meetings and how to register here:
3. FINANCES ARE UP - A QUESTION OF FUNDING
Kendra Foundation finances are, and will always be, open and public. You
can see them here:
As you can see I've put in 14458.75 quid so far and another 6580.00 is
earmarked for further development. A question for would-be
sponsors/donators: should my 21038.75 be a loan or a donation? Which is
more attractive for you to donate funds? For more discussion please see
If you want to fund Kendra Foundation or you know of rich deposits buried
not too deep underground then do get in touch do by reply. It would be of
great help it would. Also see:
4. THE BROADBAND FUTURE WORKSHOP - MILIA AUDIO IS UP
We now have audio of our runaway success The Broadband Future Workshop
session at MILIA earlier this month. So you can get even closer to actually
being there. Something to warm your cockles on a cold night when there's
not a Kendra meeting in sight. See:
5. EVENT SUMMARY
- Wednesday 28th April - Olswang, London, WC1V 6XX
- Wednesday 5th May - City University, London, EC1V 0HB
in collaboration with BCS Internet Specialist Group,
ACM British Chapter and Dept of Computing, City University
- Wednesday 19th May - Charles Russell, London, EC4A 1RS
For more information and registration see:
So, that just about wraps it up for another few weeks. Stay well and of
good spirit! ;-)
- This message was sent to 1841 people.