[kNews] Ship meeting, Streaming Media Europe and China...

Dear All,

First, a quick welcome to all our new friends from the music industry met
at ITC - more about that next week. Continuing with our oceanic theme, the
venue for the London meeting turns out to be a ship! HMS President to be
exact. It would have been even more mystically-freaky if it had been a surf
board, eh?! Hmmm?...

- HMS President - Thames venue for Kendra meeting 22/10/2001
- Streaming Media Europe 2001 - 40% discount for Kendra Participants!
- China's first Broadband Streaming Forum endorsed by Kendra Initiative
- Call for US participants to assist on CDN stand
- ISP Forum update - Daniel Harris to chair P2P session
- Event Summary

HMS President - Thames venue for Kendra meeting 22/10/2001

We have the date. We have the venue. We have refreshments. We have 19 days
to go. We have lots to speak about. We have much to do. There will be
representatives from the whole content value chain, from consumers to
content owners: the music/radio industry, film/video/TV industry, Internet
service providers, content delivery networks, commercial and free (open
source) software communities, payment system companies, legal industry,
financial industry, etc... All with a view to creating an open platform for
content distribution facilitating revenue generation. Yes, it has a pay
button on it! It's going to be fun. So, come along and participate.

Register NOW! See: http://www.kendra.org.uk/meetings/20011022invite.php

Please note that the ship will be stationary. It is permanently moored in
its position. So, we'll not be setting sail for the new land... well, not
just yet, any road. ;-)

Streaming Media Europe 2001 - 40% discount for Kendra Participants!

Daniel Harris will be on the panel session "Will Convergence be Derailed by
a Lack of Interoperability?" together with fellow kParticipant, Deborah
Loth, and others on Tuesday 23/10 at 17:00. Now, that's going to be fun!

In their own words...
Streaming Media Europe 2001 now in its third successful year is the
largest, longest running and most prestigious event for the streaming media
industry of Europe. With over 100 exhibitors from the streaming frontline,
Streaming Media Europe is your opportunity to get a hands-on look at the
technologies driving streaming forward  and discuss with the people in the
know how you can harness the real power of streaming for your company
today. As an extra-added bonus you can gain free access to Content
Management Europe 2001, Europe?s first event dedicated to content
management.

The event takes place at:
Excel conference and exhibition centre, London, UK
23-25/10/2001

There's a 40% discount for Kendra Participants! Go get your discount at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/profile.php#discounts
You'll find the link to the event at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/news.php#future-events

China's first Broadband Streaming Forum endorsed by Kendra Initiative

An event for perhaps all our Asian/American participants to promote
themselves to China, at a time when rapid technological and infrastructural
expansion is taking place.

In their own words...
The First China Broadband Streaming Technology and Application Forum is
directed by the State Council Information Office PRC, MII PRC. And
organized by China Telecom, CCTV, and CRI. The first china high-level event
in broadband industry now waiting for you with endless business
opportunities.

The event takes place at:
The Fragrant Hill Hotel, Beijing, China
07-09/11/2001

There's a 30% discount for Kendra Participants! Go get your discount at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/profile.php#discounts
You'll find the link to the event at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/news.php#future-events

Call for US participants to assist on CDN stand

Farooq is yet again calling for US participants to come and take a spell on
our CDN stand #2240. Is there no stopping this man?!?! See his post to kGen
here:

http://www.kendra.org.uk/lists/archive/k-general/msg00049.html
So, come and participate in Kendra Initiative and help turn other people on
to Kendra.

ISP Forum update - Daniel Harris to chair P2P session

As well as taking part in the CEO ("expert" - no less) panel on Thursday
18/10 at 09:30 I'll also be then chairing the next session on P2P systems
from 11:00 to 12:30. Do they know what they are letting themselves in for?!
;-)

Don't forget that kParticipants get a whacking 50% discount off admission
for this event. It's in Nice and hopefully in will be warm! It's a big
event with "84 CEOs and 122 service providers".

Event Summary
-------------

ISP Forum - Daniel Harris talks
Endorsement - 50% discount for Kendra Participants!
15-18/10/2001 - Nice - IIR Conferences

The Forth Kendra Initiative Meeting - We all talk!
Free for Kendra Participants
22/10/2001 - London - Kendra Initiative

Streaming Media Europe 2001 - Daniel Harris talks
Stand - 40% discount for Kendra Participants!
23-25/10/2001 - London - Streaming Media

Digital Media World Asia 2001
Endorsement - 15% discount for Kendra Participants
24-26/10/2001 - Singapore - Terrapinn

The First China Broadband Streaming Technology and Application Forum
Endorsement - 30% discount for Kendra Participants
07-09/11/2001 - Beijing - 163media

Broadband Content Congress 2001 - Daniel Harris talks
Endorsement - Stand - 10% discount for Kendra Participants
12-15/11/2001 - Juan Les Pins - IIR Conferences

Bastard TV 2001
30/11-01/12/2001 - Sheffield - The Culture Company

Content Delivery Networks Fall 2001 - Daniel Harris talks
Endorsement - Stand - 600 USD discount for Kendra Participants!
04-06/12/2001 - San Jose - Stardust

Streaming Media East 2001
11-13/12/2001 - New York - Streaming Media

You'll find the link to the event at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/news.php#future-events

Stay tuned to planet Kendra folks, where the fun never stops! ;-)

Cheers Daniel

- This message was sent to 1273 people.