[kNews] Amsterdam, Meetings, Streaming...

Dear All,

Feels like Spring! So, why am I on my computer?! And why are you too?
Quick, go out and see the Sun, unless it's nighttime, in which case, go
look at the stars... You may even catch a glimpse of planet Kendra... ;-)

- Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Amsterdam...
- Informal London meeting
- Streaming Media & Digital Content Delivery endorsed
- Event summary

Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Amsterdam...
----------------------------------

It seems like Amsterdam is the place to be in the middle of May, what with
IIR's Streaming Media & Digital Content Delivery and Van Dusseldorp & Partners'
Fourth Annual TV Meets the Web Seminar both taking place in the
week of 13-17/5/2002. I'll be there, taking in the Sun... oh, and speaking
at IIR's event on Wednesday, of course!

Here's an opportunity for any local Amsterdam Kendra participants to help
bring us all together. If you're interested in organising an informal
Kendra Initiative gathering then please let me know. Could be in a bar,
wherever. Perhaps Wednesday evening (?) when it will hopefully not clash
with IIR's entertainments (?...!) Let me know...

Informal London meeting
-----------------------

Let's have an informal London Kendra gathering on Monday 15th April - late
afternoon to early evening. This will be a gathering for working on actions
to take Kendra forward (rather than being an introductory meeting). It will
be in central London. If anyone has a good venue then let me know otherwise
it'll be a bar or something. I'll confirm times and venue in coming weeks.

Streaming Media & Digital Content Delivery endorsed

In their own words...

Streaming Media & Digital Content Delivery - Daniel Harris talks
Endorsement - 15% discount for Kendra Participants
13-15/5/2002 - The Grand Sofitel Demeure, Amsterdam, Netherlands - IIR
Conferences

How can service and content providers generate revenues from webcasting
compelling audio and video content?

IIR's fourth annual Streaming Media event, produced in association with the
IWA and Van Dusseldorp, is a 3 day conference focusing on business and
pricing models for streaming media, apps and services - with special
emphasis on webcasting for the corporate market - and digital content
delivery strategies.  Also includes a post-conference workshop on
exploiting IP Multicast.

Go get your discount at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/profile.php#discounts

You'll find the link to the event at:
http://www.kendra.org.uk/news.php#future-events

Event summary
-------------

Global IP Carriers 2002
Endorsement - 10% discount for Kendra Participants
17-19/04/2002 - Royal Garden Hotel, London - Terrapinn

Streaming Media & Digital Content Delivery - Daniel Harris talks
Endorsement - 15% discount for Kendra Participants
13-15/5/2002 - The Grand Sofitel Demeure, Amsterdam, Netherlands - IIR
Conferences

Fourth Annual TV Meets the Web Seminar
Endorsement - 500 EUR discount for Kendra Participants
16-17/5/2002 - Royal Tropical Institute, Amsterdam, Netherlands - Van
Dusseldorp & Partners

That's all for now!...

Cheers Daniel

- The generic message above was sent to 1449 people.