RE: [kFW] Needed: Collaborative systems for driving consensus...

Kendra has been a true democracy to date and a very effective one.  Everyone
gets to discuss their points of view on every topic.  This is good way to
interact when you have a small group, however more structure is need in a
larger group.  Without the structure, large democracies can fall under their
own weight.  This is an impediment to growth and development.  I believe
that we should consider instituting a formalized structure on to Kendra.
This will compartmentalize discussions by subject to the interested and
knowledgeable parties. We are not attempting to impede the flow of
information, just modify the flow.  Each team could work independently and
bring their findings before the all members to review, debate and ratify.
So, we could chose to restructure how the information flows within the
groups and the organization.  Again, we are not attempting to impede the
flow of information, just structure it for greater efficacy of the
organization.

I propose that we elect a short term governing body from the members at
large.  Their purpose is to build the new framework for the Kendra
Initiative.  After careful consideration, the governing body should bring
its proposal(s) before the members to vote in whole or segments.  The
following position would be up for nominations from the members at large:

President
Vice President (Europe)
Vice President (US)
Secretary