Re: [kDev] New 1U server time...

On 27 Mar 2006, at 14:45, Neil Harris wrote:
Daniel Harris wrote:
I like Alex's idea of HP's ILO but I'm not sure if it's overkill. Also, trying to configure a HP server to get a quote on HP's website seems really complex compared to Dell and only seems to work in IE! Harrumph!

A PC Weasel board and remote serial port access via SSH with a hardware terminal concentrator will give you lights-out management without any Javacruft.

And, I guess, we can add it later if it seems like we really need it. Cool.

Cheers Daniel