From: Daniel Harris [mailto:daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 20 December 2003 17:51
To: k-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [kDev] KendraBase update...

The intention is not to restrict the developer in any way so having
them assign code to Kendra Foundation and having them ask for
permission to use it elsewhere would not work, agreed.

Remember, all I want the license for is to protect the developers and
Kendra Foundation with a recursive disclaimer. If it weren't for that
I'd want to issue this code in to the public domain.

I want Microsoft to be able to incorporate this core KendraBase code
into their systems with minimal hassle. As a developer are you happy to
see that happen if you have freely contributed to it?

Kendra's aim is not to create a world of free software - a la GNU. Our
aim is to increase interoperability by minimising barriers, hoops and
hurdles.

By saying that we *only* use the GPL we introduce barriers, real or
hyped, but either way, barriers.

So, are you saying *only* GPL? And, if so, why?

Cheers Daniel