Re: [kDev] Why KendraBase?... (was: The idea could be good...)

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 10:16, Daniel Harris wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2003, at 12:13 pm, Phillip Temple wrote:
> > Why not just install PostNuke?
>
> I've answered this in:
> http://www.kendra.org.uk/wiki/wiki.pl?KendraBaseWhy
>
> I'd like to emphasize the need for structured information input/output
> and a unified object model in the back-end. I suspect that when you add
> modules in PN that they have their own database structure that can't be
> referred to from other modules. This is not flexible enough for our
> purposes.

They are both Open Source and under the GPL, so you can make them as
flexible as you like. All the db tables rest within the same database
and PN modules can access each others data without problem. You can
throw it all out when you've developed something better. Question is:
how is what you've got NOW better than plugging in PN? I'm only
suggesting it as an interim solution, and the database can always be
extracted and transformed for importation into Kendrabase when
constructed.

Phillip.