Re: [kDev] The idea could be good; the implementaiton needs someimprovement

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phillip Temple" <ptemple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <k-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 4:39 PM
Subject: Re: [kDev] The idea could be good; the implementaiton needs
someimprovement

> Tim:
> What is needed is a distribution model that allows rights holders to
> protect and capitalise on their property, and allows consumers to choose
> and select and that also makes efficient use of network resource =
> kendra.
>
> Me:
> So is it a think tank that publishes proposals for potential schemes? Is
> it a demo area where people can try the latest streaming servers and
> encoding types, and different micro-payment systems? Is it a forum where
> hardware/software companies can meet content producers and venture
> capitalists?

None of those.  A solution is needed now; by the rights holders and by the
communications industries. Legislative changes are being forced through
Brussels right now (EU IPR Directive) as a way to "resolve" the problems of
existing p2p systems. I see kendra as a viable alternative solution that
"should" be attractive to all parties and that does not neccessitate EU
legislation criminalising children for down loading music with Kazaa

I see kendra as a product that solves a problem.

Tim