Re: [kDev] A new file sharing proposition

Hi John,

Just to clear things up here:

Peer to peer (p2p) systems can relate to any system where there is no central point of failure. The original Napster had central servers so didn't really fit the pure p2p model. But Gnutella does - I think. With p2p you can do many things more than just sharing files. For example, my desire for KendraBase is that it enables the sharing of ideas.

File sharing systems are not necessarily p2p and they are not necessarily put to illegal purposes...