[kDev] some quick questions on the tools plan.

been going over the project plan and coming up with some (probably v. simple) questions. I will attach them here, but I will also stick the notes up on my site (http://www.nodalpoints.org/kendra/project-notes.html).

We do need some sort of repository, whether its Sourceforge or our own CVS.

here goes:

Tools:
Profile:
LDAP sounds like a good fit, being able to define organisations and members of those organisations. Question, these profiles and later user accounts are they envisaged just for the development project, or are they also customer and content suppliers (which of course could be both).
The email address mentioned later, again if this is just for the system development then not too many problems, but as the potential pool of users increases, we have more name space conflicts.

Calendar: agree vCal style standard (does iCal use this as well?, not sure, also can Outlook read vCal or only its own prop. format?)

Forum:
Wiki is useful, but needs regular housekeeping to make sure it does not just fill up with comments. Some other shared space collaboration tools might work (for example Groove) but they can be costly tools and not cross platform (Groove is Win specific at the moment and I for example much prefer to use OS X).