Re: [kDev] He!p needed on the technical side...

Dan et al,

Now this thing works... ;)

the technical side, if the relevant people can tell me what is needed.

With respect to an archiving/mailing list system, all I have to say on
the subject is Mailman.

Mailman will do it all for you. Archives, automated bounce handling,
digest mode, web interface for admin/subscribe/unsubscribe.

Suffice it to say that it can handle a 26,000 member list with very few
problems (and ones that it has even then are down to duff MTA's like
Exchange Server), and would handle this list easily AFAIK.

I have a test list running on my own server that I can grant the
appropriate admins access to if it helps for testing etc.

It's also easy to install if you're running something like RedHat,
beacause you can get it as an RPM and other packages...

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/mailman.html is the homepage of it.

Just my 2p.

Yours,

Kev, ex-Cerbernet Support/Sysadmin/R&D/etc.

PS. [ OT, but never mind... ] Thinking about it... are there actually
any "old school" Cerbernetters still involved with it now it's been sold
(again).

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian.   Email: kyrian@xxxxxxx   Web:
http://kyrian.ore.org/